Tonight I really didn’t feel like cooking. Know the feeling?
I was too tired to even want to eat, but my hubby needed some warm food.
Problem was, I’d run us right out of my boxed-up portions in the freezer during the last month heading toward Christmas …
So I threw together this super quick dish from bits and bobs in jars and packets … 15-20 minutes max and smelled yummy too! I soon actually began to enjoy cooking it! 😉
Sundried Tomato Pasta
This made one good-sized “man-portion”!
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chopped garlic (I always keep a jar of pre-chopped garlic in the fridge)
Single portion of bacon lardons
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
7 sundried tomatoes (from a jar), chopped in large pieces
10-15 green olives
5-7 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2-3 tablespoons tomato puree
3 handfuls of rocket
salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, basil and chives to taste (all dried)
a good splash of balsamic vinegar
a good handful of grated cheddar (I always have a bag or two of ready-grated cheese in the fridge)
- Fry onion for 5 minuets.
- Add garlic and bacon and fry untill nearly starting to brown.
- Add pepper and start to soften while chopping tomatoes.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except the rocket.
- Meanwhile boil a portion of pasta.
- In last 2 minutes add rocket and mix in to wilt.
- Drain pasta and stir into sauce.
- Add cheese and mix until melted.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Or serve hot and enjoy watching your other-half devour it! 😉